8.13.2007

72 days

I used to want to be a cat. I also wanted to have magical powers, like the ability to walk through walls or disappear in an explosive way that would leave only a dark ominous cloud behind. Even better, maybe a secret agent with a greater purpose and a more exciting life than the one I currently led. This was roughly elementary - middle school time, so most of this was influenced by Nick at Nite shows like Bewitched and Get Smart.

Nonetheless, I'd imagine it. I'd envision scenarios where I would find myself out in the middle of a crowded area, in the midst of all that was my life and I would refute all that was going on by leaving it in a dramatic way. No words, I'd turn away and in a big cloud, an amazingly impossible task, or some supremely mystical manner I would be gone. However, I never knew to where it was that I was going.

I'm just perpetually anxious to leave.

No comments: