10.15.2007

Mannequin!

One of the plethora of things my sister likes to make fun of me for is my desire to repeatedly watch movies that are either unheard of or just plain bad -- to the point that to the untrained eye one might believe I was an enormous fan of the film.

Mannequin was one of those nuggets of obscurity that I watched. I hadn't seen it in years, but while channel surfing this past Sunday I paused on one channel because within seconds of the opening scene I knew what it was.

Oh memories, I probably had a crush on Andrew McCarthy, of the Brat Pack fame. His boyish charms won me over as a 10yr old. Because although the movie was released in 1987, when I was 2-- I hadn't seen it until television brought it to my living room to watch every time it was broadcasted. I didn't ever make plans to watch it... I just watched an immense amount of TV. Its just basic math that I was bound to stumble upon it.

No comments: