10.20.2007

So, Thats How Its Done

Two nights ago, after attending my cousins' dance performance me, my sister, and her boyfriend went out for a drink, because we're alcoholics and he's polish. We had a few, stole a few, got caught stealing a few, and then left that bar to go eat.

After a blintz and some perogies my sister's polish fellow somehow got to the topic of finding a boyfriend for me. To which I explain how completely inept I am at the whole concept of active pursuit and the topic seemingly dissipated until the following evening while waiting on the corner the same three of us were discussing what we should do for the evening. Thoughts of a comedy club, drinking, eating, drinking AND eating were tossed around-- and in the lull of discussion a tall, hip-hop hipster-ish fellow with an afro as large as a sewer cover walks over and asks for a light. Which I follow with a simple, 'no' and he walks away.

But, as he walks away I get a knock on my shoulder and wise words from the boyfriend saying, "That was your in! You should've said 'yes, want to come upstairs with me?' !"

He seems like a winner to me.

No comments: